Covid continues, even though authorities are reported as saying that the peak is over. Other circumstances can require individuals or families to be isolated.
How to pray in those times can be a challenge or an opportunity.
Here are a few resources or ideas that can be used by families or individuals
- Go to the front page of this website and as well as the weekly Bulletin you can find a link for Praying with Children. This material is linked with each Sunday so it changes each week.
- Read the readings of the Sunday from the Readings Page on the parish website or other online resources or from your Sunday Missal – make it a short liturgy of the word. Make up your own prayers of the Faithful – conclude with the Our Father and maybe other favourite prayers.
- Pray the Liturgy of the hours. There is an App that will give you the texts of the Mass of the day and the Liturgy of the Hours – it is called Universalis. It is available for Apple, Android and Windows. There is a small cost to buy this and register once only.
- Use different Websites/Apps for prayer:
- Pray as you Go – https://pray-as-you-go.org/ (also an App)
- The God Minute – https://www.thegodminute.org/ (also an App)
- Sacred Space – https://www.sacredspace.ie/ (also an App)
- Jamberoo Abbey – https://www.jamberooabbey.org.au/prayer
- Click to Pray – https://clicktopray.org/ (also an App)
- Read the Bible taking a book, like a Gospel or the Psalms, and working your way through it together, section by section
- Use Lectio Divina when reading a bible text – this is explained in Universalis and also on the Jamberoo Abbey website.
- Use Christian Meditation – use the App WCCM where you will find explanations and guides for meditation – your children may already know how to meditate. Let them teach you?
- Pray the Rosary together
- There are many links for watching Mass online or on TV – many people found these in the last two years.
Don’t turn your back on the relationship with God that is your life and meaning by doing nothing. Remember that Jesus truly loves you.